Job DescriptionApply Now
Delivery System Transformation LeadJob ID 887-6
Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our multi-disciplinary team of health researchers, data analysts, statisticians and others have conducted many of the most important studies of federal, state, and non-governmental interventions to improve health care delivery and health care financing, and we have supported implementation of large-scale payment reforms through learning systems, monitoring and feedback systems, and communications activities.
Mathematica seeks a professional with experience providing technical assistance to health care providers (health systems, hospitals, and/or physician practices) in efforts to transform the delivery of health care under value-based purchasing. As a lead program analyst, you would join our staff of over 400 health policy professionals with substantive experience in public policy, behavioral and social sciences, clinical care, economics, public health, and administration.
- Leading teams in conducting technical assistance and peer-to-peer learning activities among clinicians, health care systems, and payers
- Facilitating webinars and various forms of group meetings with providers and other stakeholders designed to identify cutting edge strategies for transform care delivery
- Assisting individual providers or provider organizations with quality improvement efforts, performance measure reporting activities, and initiatives to better coordinate care
- Authoring technical assistance tools, issue briefs, actionable case studies, implementation guides, and webinar presentations and other materials designed to facilitate delivery system transformation
- Leading site visits or telephone interviews with providers to assess technical assistance and learning system needs
- Conducting targeted qualitative or quantitative data analyses to inform or support transformation efforts
- Collaborating with federal, state and other clients, and stakeholders in developing quality improvement strategies, learning collaborative curricula, and/or technical assistance plans
- Master’s degree in public policy, public administration, public health, business, economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience in a health care management or clinical care environment
- Three to eight years of work experience in health care consulting, quality improvement, and/or provider technical assistance, or in equivalent management or clinical positions within a health care delivery system
- Demonstrated ability to provide task leadership and coordinate the work of multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to think critically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a preference for fast-paced projects
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail; flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
- Ability to facilitate large group discussions with providers and other stakeholders
- Ability to complete tasks on tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Understanding of federal and state health policies, especially in the areas of value based purchasing, is desirable
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary expectations. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Ann Arbor, MI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.