Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior Leader - State Medicaid PolicyJob ID 655-3
As a mission-driven, employee owned company, Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. Our multi-disciplinary team of policy experts, health researchers, data analysts, statisticians, and program managers have conducted many important studies of federal and state health programs to improve health care delivery and financing. In particular, we have extensive experience developing Medicaid data files and using them to monitor and enhance Medicaid programs at the state and federal level.
Mathematica Policy Research is looking for an individual with experience in state Medicaid policy development or analysis to strengthen our expanding work in this area. The successful candidate for this position must be able to identify emerging trends in state Medicaid programs, demonstrate creative approaches for using Medicaid data to inform policy developments at the state level, and be comfortable working closely and collaboratively with other staff who have diverse research, policy, and technical backgrounds. Preference will be given to individuals who have knowledge of: state Medicaid and CHIP program initiatives; Medicaid/CHIP data and data systems, including eligibility, claims/encounter, and provider data; strategies for measuring and monitoring Medicaid/CHIP program outcomes; and issues related to Medicaid managed care such as contracting, quality monitoring, provider networks, and program integrity.
- Provide leadership and vision for the development of analytic work with state Medicaid programs
- Serve as a contact with state Medicaid directors, medical directors, and associated professional organizations
- Contribute to and lead contracts with state Medicaid agencies that pertain to data file development, the use of data to assess program functioning and outcomes, evolving payment models in Medicaid programs, or provision of technical assistance
- Lead teams by identifying and appropriately using resources to achieve goals, synthesizing information across multiple sources, and effectively delegating tasks and mentoring staff
- Serve as an internal and external spokesperson for Medicaid work at the state level
- Lead or contribute to issue briefs, reports, and other publications
- Ten or more years of experience in leadership roles in a state Medicaid program or a firm that provides research and consultation predominantly to state Medicaid agencies
- Demonstrated experience in implementing or assessing evidence-based Medicaid programs and monitoring state Medicaid programs using data analytics
- Substantial, detailed knowledge of Medicaid data systems and their challenges and opportunities
- Experience in planning, motivating, and supervising the work of large teams
- Some experience in developing quality measures or applying value-based purchasing methods is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to write clear and concise technical memos and documents and to present to large groups
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and list of three references at time of application. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a backgroung investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on a project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Ann Arbor, MI; Woodlawn, MD
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.