Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior Data Science LeadJob ID 668-5
Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our healthcare data analytics have yielded actionable information to guide operations and decision support in program administration, payment reform and quality improvement. Come join our vibrant and growing health program improvement group, and make important contributions to improving the design and operations of key public programs.
Mathematica seeks a senior data science leader with expertise in the strategy, design, development and implementation of applied data science and advanced analytics efforts for large scale data analytic and statistical programming projects within the healthcare domain. S/he will serve as an architect of data science and advanced analytic business development strategies, lead analytic projects, and participate in strategic planning around analytic methods, technologies, staffing and training.
- Develop and lead Mathematica’s healthcare data science strategy and objectives
- Coordinate the design, development, and implementation of data science solutions in support of Mathematica projects and clients
- Plan and organize methodological standards, standardized processes, demos, and proofs of concept for the company’s healthcare data science capabilities
- Lead business development efforts (proposals, strategies, capabilities) for data science opportunities in the healthcare domain
- Interface with clients and serve as a primary point-of-contact for Mathematica’s data science team to determine and carry out business requirements
- Manage data science projects and tasks
- Advise senior management on opportunities and gaps in the company’s current data science and related technological capabilities and recommend plans for growth through the adoption of new methodologies and technology
- Mentor and support the training of new and existing staff in data science and advanced analytics
- Master’s degree or PhD in relevant field preferred; strong statistical background
- 5-7 years of experience in advanced analytics, predictive modeling, or other data intensive analytical role
- 2-3 years project management experience; PMP certification is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience contributing to and leading business development efforts and business proposals
- Expertise in data science and predictive modeling methodologies and technology
- Proven ability to design and leverage data science methods to support client needs and client data driven decision-making
- Experience working with large-scale databases, big data frameworks, and tools
- Extensive experience with SAS, R, SQL, and/or Python in the application of machine learning, network analysis, text analytics and/or predictive modeling
- Proven ability to effectively communicate design specifications, data science methods and results of models to internal and external audiences
- Strong record of proven leadership ability and excellent communication skills
- Prior experience leading advanced analytical teams and/or engagements
- Experience formulating or contributing to proof of concept analyses or demos is high desired
- Experience contributing to innovative analytical solutions is highly desired
- Subject-matter knowledge in the health care field preferred
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements at time of application.
Available Locations: Woodlawn, MD; Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.