Job DescriptionApply Now
Junior Full Stack DeveloperJob ID 913-5
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and support of custom .NET applications which includes the development and modification of frontend and backend code
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with project teams on design specifications and system requirements
- Conduct and participate in code reviews
- Be self-driven to learn, push new ideas, and teach others
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing web and Windows applications using the .NET Framework (VB.NET/C#, ASP.NET)
- 3+ years of experience in relational database design and stored procedure development, preferably using SQL Server
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Git
- Experience developing and consuming REST APIs
- A strong understanding of how web applications are built and work
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center).
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.