Job DescriptionApply Now
Human Resources ManagerJob ID 844
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, commercial organizations, and private foundations.
Mathematica is seeking a bright, energetic and highly motivated Human Resources Manager to work in our Cambridge, MA office. As a Human Resources Manager, you will act in a generalist capacity and formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
- Manage full life-cycle recruitment by working with hiring managers to effectively develop and implement recruitment strategies
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address employee concerns
- Provide guidance to supervisors and management on workplace best practices
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance
- Maintain a strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment that demands high-quality deliverables, along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Provide HR data analyses and reports to inform and recommend improvements to processes
- Support HR systems, processes, HR data integrity and reporting
- Manage and/or support projects in support of the general corporate HR function
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least 10 years of professional-level HR experience including recruitment and employee relations
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Very strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and relationship building skills
- High skill level in the design, development and execution of human resources strategies and practices including staffing, learning and development, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, and organizational effectiveness/team development
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Competence managing applicant tracking and HRM systems (PeopleFluent preferred)
- Willingness to occasionally travel to other locations as necessary
To apply, please submit your letter of interest (including salary requirements), your resume, and contact information for three references.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.