Job DescriptionApply Now
Pricing SpecialistJob ID 702-3
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced pricing specialist to join the pricing team in our Princeton, NJ, Washington, DC, or Cambridge, MA offices. As a pricing specialist, you will play an integral role in producing high quality proposals that contributes to Mathematica’s success in engaging meaningful work. Your duties will include:
- Leading all cost volume preparation activities, compiling cost, schedule, and other required elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
- Analyzing RFPs from federal, state, commercial, and foundation clients for the purpose of identifying contractual and cost pricing requirements, assessing risk and developing risk mitigation strategies to assist senior management in making informed business decisions
- Planning and preparing complex proposal schedules and budgets utilizing Microsoft Project
- Collaborating with subject matter experts to prepare baseline schedules and assign resources in Microsoft Project and documenting the basis of estimate (BOE)
- Manipulating pricing data involving extensive use of Excel formulas and functions for multiple spreadsheet models
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures, FAR, and solicitation requirements
- Interfacing with partners to obtain information necessary for the development of the cost/price business proposal
- Assisting in the development/enhancement of procedures and automated tools to support continuous improvement of budgeting and cost/price proposals
- May prepare rough order of magnitude (ROM) to support bid strategies and develop price to win (PTW) strategies to ensure competitive bids
- May train and/or mentor staff on budgeting tools, policies and procedures
- An advanced degree in business, liberal arts, or a related field
- At least two years’ experience in pricing and business proposal development
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using project management tools, especially MS Project and Excel.
- Familiarity of concepts, practices and procedures in working with FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts and the development of cost modeling
- Familiarity with Deltek Cobra is a plus
- Experience with price to win (PTW) a plus
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time
- Proactive, collaborative work style and can-do attitude
Please attach your cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable), and contact information for three references.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.