Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior Data Visualization EngineerJob ID 834
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients.
This position requires the candidate to have an expert level of understanding in Data Visualization design and implementation. Everyday job tasks include:
- Consult on design of Data Visualization products.
- Help develop Data Visualizations sections of proposals for new projects
- Create web and application based Data Visualization products
- Work both independently and on a team
- Be self-driven to learn, push new ideas, and teach others
Main Technical Requirements:
- Demonstrated expertise in data visualization design
- Experience creating interactive web-based data visualizations using d3
- Experience working with web technologies (D3, WebGL, React/Angular)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to translate research findings for a policy audience.
- Experience cleaning, managing, and analyzing large datasets.
- Experience using a tool to manage data such as Python (pandas) or R
- Experience with a version control tool (svn/git)
- Demonstrated knowledge of User Experience Design a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing solutions in fields that include business intelligence, visual information design, and/or interactive data visualization development
- Must be a self-starter, independent learner, and collegial
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects at once with competing deadlines
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit to bring technical solutions to an audience that is not technically savvy
- Have a strong desire to improve society through evidence based research
- Ability to work well in teams
- Be a strong writer
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center).
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preferences, transcripts, writing sample, and salary requirements at time of application.
Available Locations: Cambridge, MA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.