Job DescriptionApply Now
Technical Proposal AssociateJob ID 870-3
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, commercial organizations, and private foundations. We offer employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off and in some locations an on-site fitness center.
We currently have openings for technical proposal associates who help manage and support the company’s proposals for new business. Technical proposal associates work closely with the proposal director and proposal team members to help them meet their objectives while remaining on schedule and on budget. Technical proposal associates offer a full suite of proposal management support services, from helping to plan, manage, and submit complex, time sensitive proposals, to designing and implementing tools and processes to make proposal development more efficient.
This is not a programming, research, or systems engineering position.
As proposal manager on specific proposals, position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to working under the direction of the proposal director in performing the following tasks:
- Develop and manage proposal schedule
- Develop and maintain the compliance matrix
- Develop proposal outline
- Coordinate kickoff and other proposal meetings; take and distribute meeting notes
- Organize and manage proposal directory and files
- Participate in proposal strategy discussions and share information with proposal authors
- Help authors find background materials, boilerplate, previous proposal text and graphics
- Serve as liaison with business proposal support staff and other departments.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and consultants and obtains materials required for inclusion in technical proposals
- Compile key proposal elements (e.g., project timeline, deliverables chart)
- Coordinate production, editing, and graphics support
When not working on specific proposals, position responsibilities may include but not limited to the following:
- Responding to inquiries from staff working on technical proposals
- Developing and updating proposal resources
- Assisting in the identification of exemplary proposal text and graphics
- Assisting in conducting proposal related trainings
- Identifying improvements in the packaging and presentation of proposals
- Contributing to special analyses on proposal activities
- Developing tools and processes for areas and clients targeted for diversification
- Strong educational background and a BA/BS in relevant field business administration, liberal arts, or related fields
- 0-2 years’ experience working with technical proposals
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 2013, with strong proficiency in Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, at times simultaneously and under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial are okay), contact information for three references and salary requirements. You will be asked to attach these materials during the online application process.
Available Locations: Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.