Job DescriptionApply Now
Statistical AssistantJob ID 711-4
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy research on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and other topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
Mathematica is seeking Bachelors-level statisticians to join us in our mission. The contributions of our statisticians underpin our ability to produce crucial evidence and information for policy and decision makers.
• Apply a wide array of statistical methods and analytic techniques in support of research and operational projects
• Assist in the preparation of technical reports and presentation of statistical methods
• Implement and execute statistical models based on technical specifications and document analytic results
• Utilize, revise, and build upon statistical models and programs using R, SAS, or STATA
• Contribute to business development efforts by conducting preliminary analysis and preparing tables for proposals
• Additional responsibilities may include assisting project directors in the management of project resources, including budget and personnel monitoring
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, or related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of statistical and quantitative methods through course work or research experience: program evaluation, experimental design, Bayesian inference hierarchical/multilevel modeling, and/or predictive modeling
- One year of work or academic experience with one or more of the following statistical programming languages: R, SAS, STATA
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, accurately and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, transcript, and coding sample at time of application. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We strongly encourage applications of all racial, ethnic, and cultural groups.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Cambridge, MA; Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Woodlawn, MD
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.