Job DescriptionApply Now
Business Management AssociateJob ID 877
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are seeking a bright, energetic, and highly motivated individual to join the pricing team as an entry-level Business Management Associate in our Princeton, NJ office. As an integral member of the team, you will work closely with senior staff to identify new business opportunities, review RFP and contract documents to extract pertinent information, maintain the integrity of the data within the company’s RFP/Proposal database, and guide the company’s research staff through internal business processes as we acquire and modify research projects.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
• Track and monitor the RFP, proposal, and project process, from locating RFPs through contract closeout.
• Support senior staff in their effort to identify new business opportunities.
• Maintain and update the company's RFP/Proposal database.
• Prepare weekly RFP and Proposal activity reports, and other ad hoc reports as necessary.
• Document business processes and requirements.
• Disseminate information between Mathematica staff and clients.
• May research, collect, and provide pertinent background information such as client and/or competitor intelligence on procurements for senior management to make informed decisions on bidding strategies.
• May assist with various aspects of pricing/budgeting and preparing business proposals for government and private sector clients.
• Strong educational background and a bachelor’s degree in business administration, information management, liberal arts, or related field.
• At least 1 year of work and/or internship experience in an office environment preferred.
• Accuracy with work and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and written skills. Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
• Ability to work with senior management in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
• Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure.
• The flexibility to work overtime, as needed.
• Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office 2007, with a particularly strong proficiency in Excel.
• Experience working with databases.
• Familiarity with business reporting software is a plus
Please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable), and contact information for three references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.