Job DescriptionApply Now
Business Pricing/Proposal InternshipJob ID 850
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are seeking a dynamic and self-starting person to join the pricing team in our Princeton, NJ office for a full-time, paid spring and/or summer pricing/proposal internship. In this role you will help us in ensuring production of high quality proposals that contributes to Mathematica’s success in engaging meaningful work.
- Expand your practical knowledge of business development, which includes government contracting and bid and proposal process
- Sharpen your business skills (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, communication and organizational skills)
- Assist in the development of proposals from start to finish
- Gain experience working with senior-level staff
- Work with a team of highly-motivated individuals
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare business proposals responsive to the federal government’s request for proposals
- Develop budget presentations that may involve advanced Excel functions
- Collaborate with senior management and key proposal team members on various aspects of budget and proposal preparation
- Communicate with personnel outside of Mathematica such as consultants and subcontractors
- Occasionally set up and lead meetings
- Assist with developing and implementing the pricing team’s strategic initiatives to ensure continuous process improvement
- A minimum of two completed years of undergraduate studies pursuing a degree in business or public administration, liberal arts, or related field
- Demonstrated experience or completed coursework using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- The ability to work overtime, as needed
- Ability to deal diplomatically and tactfully with others
Please submit a cover letter, resume, current transcript (unofficial), and contact information for three references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.