Job DescriptionApply Now
Change Management SpecialistJob ID 946
Mathematica is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development.
Currently, we are looking for a Change Management Specialist to join our vibrant and growing business operations group in our Princeton, NJ headquarters. The Change Management supports leaders and teams throughout the company in the planning and execution of business transformation initiatives. The Change Management Specialist works closely with leaders to define and communicate a clear vision for change, ensure staff engagement, align program objectives across key stakeholders, and support organizational readiness through robust coaching and support.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Work closely with initiative leaders to understand the need for change and the scope of the change.
- Lead and implement change initiatives related to business processes and technologies.
- Develop a clear understanding and support for change and business transformation with initiative teams and throughout the entire organization.
- Provide direct support, guidance and coaching to initiative leads, front-line managers/supervisors, and teams to ensure successful execution and adoption of organizational changes.
- Identify and address sources of resistance to and apprehension around proposed changes and design initiatives with an eye toward minimizing disruption.
- Support and guide development of clear case for change, desired outcomes, accurate scope, and necessary role and process changes for each transformation initiative.
- Support ongoing change efforts throughout the enterprise by leading, mentoring and advising others in transformation management, planning, and execution.
- Strengthen transformation change capacity across the organization; identify and involve key change agents throughout the organization to drive initiative success.
- Use change management tools and methodologies to develop short and long-term goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and measure stakeholder engagement, adoption and overall progress of changes initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or psychology required.
- Master’s degree in organizational or industrial psychology, organizational behavior or development, or related field preferred.
- Between two to five years of experience leading organizational change initiatives aimed at improving effectiveness and performance.
- Prosci certification strongly preferred, certified change management professional (CCMP) preferred or on track to obtain.
- Prior experience independently structuring and driving a change initiative.
- Experience managing complex change initiatives affecting multiple stakeholder groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and competency coaching staff, training, mentoring and support
- Demonstrated ability to complete stakeholder identification, change impact analysis, readiness assessment, and communications.
- Sound working knowledge of organizational framework and processes, including mission, goals, culture and structure.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional boundaries and develop and maintain productive, influential, collaborative relationships with staff at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet aggressive deadlines while continually managing stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate strategies, objective, and results with colleagues and leaders in a clear and structured way, both verbally and via documentation. Must be a leader who can influence stakeholders in written and oral communications
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to design, structure, manage, and lead projects.
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and contact information for 3 references at the time of your application. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on a project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.