Job DescriptionApply Now
Cloud Solutions ArchitectJob ID 778-3
Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our analytic solutions have yielded actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Come join our vibrant and growing health IT group, and make important contributions to improving the design and operations of key public programs.
Mathematica seeks an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Solutions Architect with expertise in the strategy, design, development and implementation of large scale technology projects in the cloud. S/he will lead our rapidly growing work in building and deploying cloud applications and serve as a principal architect of the Health Unit’s cloud solutions.
- Develop and lead technical efforts to design, build, and deploy AWS applications, including large scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for AWS solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Provide innovative thought leadership around Mathematica’s cloud solutions strategy and approach, including AWS best practices and market trends
- 8-10 years’ experience architecting, designing, developing and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- Demonstrated experience with AWS platform and tools, such as: EC2, S3, Redshift, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, RDS, VPC, IAM and security, QuickSight, CloudTrail, Config, CloudWatch, SNS, AMI generation, Cost Optimization
- Understanding of and experience with the four pillars of a well-architected framework
- Knowledge of SQL, R, and Python for data manipulation and statistical analysis are desirable
- Familiarity with federal security regulations and standards (e.g. HIPAA, FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP) is a plus
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, Business Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, and subject matter experts
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- AWS Certification (such as AWS solutions architect) a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off and an on-site fitness center at several locations.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements at time of application.
Available Locations: Woodlawn, MD; Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.