Job DescriptionApply Now
Health Analytic Solutions ArchitectJob ID 969-4
One of the foremost public policy research organizations in the United States, Mathematica is leading the way in providing health care research services to federal agencies, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
We are seeking an intellectually curious Health Analytic Solutions Architect in any of our locations who will conduct small to mid-sized data analytics projects, demonstrating expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of these projects in a way that is infused with an overarching subject matter expertise in health analytics systems, methods, and data of interest to our customers. They will serve as the overall lead for a health analytics effort, understanding the systems life cycle and working within that life cycle to create an architected system that generates evidence for our customers.
Some responsibilities are the role will be:
- Maintains and grows SME in health analytics, including client enterprise systems (at CMS, the IDR, VRDC, etc.), health data content and anomalies, and methods like risk adjustment, continuous enrollment, and episode grouping.
- Develop and validate code for a given effort.
- Ensures the team of analytic developers is adhering to Health AST policies and business processes, like using Jira and Git.
- Assists in the development and leadership of a development team supporting the design, development and implementation of analytic solutions.
- Influences senior leadership on developing superior analytic capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science strongly preferred (or equivalent experience) and four plus years’ total work experience in the health analytics space. A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements..
- Two plus years’ experience in hands-on application of health analytics exercises, including the development of subject matter expertise in health systems, data, and methods and at least one years’ experience in managing operations of large and complex data analytic environments and leading analytic development teams developing technology solutions.
- Must have at least one year of experience working with COTS ETL software.
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center). Visit our web site at www.mathematica-mpr.com
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preferences, and salary requirements via our online employment website. Recent college graduates must provide a transcript.Available Locations: Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.