Job DescriptionApply Now
Mid-Level Solution ArchitectJob ID 810
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients.
We are seeking a Mid-Level Solution Architect to join our Technology Solutions Group (TSG) in Princeton, NJ within the Human Services business unit. We are open to candidates with at least three years of experience.
In this role, you will:
- Interface with development teams and infrastructure teams to drive issue resolution.
- Recommend solutions to product and project teams for developing new functionality or applications. Maintain quality of service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Coordinate and assess impact of IT changes and translate those needs into a change execution plan. Requires strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Lead project planning and delivery tracking efforts on small to medium sized initiatives
- Demonstrate good understanding of IT Ops & SDLC principals and be able to apply Lean & Agile methodologies
- Work with stakeholders to determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows.
- Identify common issues in systems; recommend and implement process enhancements.
- Map current processes and establish goals for improving, automating and increasing the technical agility of the organization. Works to advance our overall DevOps maturity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional IT experience
- Experience with application support, application architecture, change management, process improvement, project management, and DevOps
- Experience with product development, Lean and Agile methodologies, and the SDLC
- Experience with JIRA administration
- Experience with cloud architecture and best practices, preferably using AWS resources
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center).
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.