Job DescriptionApply Now
On-Site Field Assistant (Princeton, NJ)Job ID 943
FIELD ASSISTANT (PRINCETON, NJ)
If you are an experienced administrative assistant or clerical worker and are seeking a rewarding new job in which you can help make a difference, join the Mathematica Policy Research team today and work on topics related to areas such as healthcare, education, nutrition, and disability.
We are looking for Field Project Assistants to handle administrative duties to support our research staff working in the field. As a Research Project Field Assistant, you will provide assistance with survey-related tasks for a variety of national public policy studies. The majority of your day will be spent assisting the supervision of the field staff as directed by the project Field Manager, arranging travel and distributing field assignments, entering data into the project database, assisting field staff with the completion of expense reports, and general related clerical duties such as faxing and copying. You will be working closely with our project and supervisory staff in this role.
• Provide administrative support for data collection staff such as assistance with electronic timesheets and expense reports, shipping materials and supplies
• Make comprehensive travel arrangements including air travel, car rental and hotel bookings via Mathematica’s travel agency
• Track travel expenses, project materials, incentives and equipment
• Compile detailed mailings
• Provide technical support to data collection staff
• Prepare materials and assist with data collection staff trainings
• Excellent computer skills—MS Office Suite and database experience
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to speak clearly, be easily understood over the phone, and deal tactfully and diplomatically with a wide range of people
• Ability to work independently and function as part of a team
• Strong work ethic and a commitment to reliability and high-quality productivity
• 1 - 2 years prior clerical or administrative experience preferred, knowledge of group travel arrangements a plus
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Candidates must be available to work 30 - 40 hours per week between the hours of 9 AM and 7 PM (Monday through Friday)
• Be willing to undergo a low level security clearance
• Hourly pay rate for this position is $12.00; there is a potential for benefits and paid time off
• Pleasant corporate office environment
• Conveniently located on Alexander Road in Princeton, near US Route 1
• Opportunity to work on important, national research projects
• Paid training and ongoing support
• Casual Dress Code
Join us and work on important national research projects!
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ;
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.