Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior Human Resources AnalystJob ID 647
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, commercial organizations, and private foundations.
Mathematica is seeking a bright, energetic and highly motivated Senior Human Resources Analyst to work in our Princeton, NJ office. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
- Prepare reports, scorecards/dashboards, executive presentations and analyses on key HR metrics.
- Manage/support merit and bonus cycle.
- Support talent, management and other HR data related processes and initiatives.
- Serve as a business analyst. Gather, analyze, and document business requirements in support of HR initiatives.
- Identify innovative ways to leverage technology to build efficiencies in data collection, scrubbing and reporting.
- See potential data connections, come up with new insights and generate creative solutions.
- Take a proactive and consultative approach, asking the right questions to understand stakeholder needs and build reports and dashboards to meet those needs.
- Develop an understanding of the business; highlight key data trends and issues and provide insights to HR leaders; help to define the metrics that allow Mathematica to make better decisions.
- Partner to ensure data integrity across all Mathematica employee populations.
- Contribute to team projects and provide coverage to teammates as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field (Master’s preferred)
- At least 10 years of professional level HR experience
- Five years' experience in similar role
- Strong consulting skills, ability to ask the right questions, understand the problem and collaborate to create a solution
- Experience managing, scrubbing and synthesizing data from multiple sources is required
- Advanced MS Excel (VBA, VLOOKUP, SUMIFs, Nesting, Pivot Tables, Power Pivot, Charts)
- Strong MS Access (VBA, application development, forms, reports, queries)
- Experience with data analytics/visualization tools HR systems
- Demonstrated ability to standardize, optimize, and simplify reporting
- HRIS experience in the following applications a plus – SAP, PeopleSoft, ADP, Ulitpro, OrgPlus
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, balanced with the ability to see the big picture
- The ability to manage work in a high-volume, fast paced environment, juggle multiple priorities and work extended hours as needed with flexibility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.