Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior IT Project ManagerJob ID 627-1
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced IT Project Manager to work within our Health Information Technology division. As a Senior IT Project Manager, you will manage complex, high-profile projects and lead cross-functional project teams to deliver high-quality technology solutions to our clients. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
This position entails a broad array of roles and responsibilities and will include leadership within the context of technical design and development, business development and across the organization as well as successfully managing client relationships.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead complex projects and cross-organizational project teams that support government programs and clients in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Design, develop and deliver high-quality technical solutions, including requirements, specifications, design, development, testing and implementation
- Manage all phases of projects, including project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing and communications according to industry best practices
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams, including technical developers, researchers, and analysts
- Develop and manage client relationships, including communication about project delivery
- Participate in business development activities, such as proposal development, opportunity identification, and client meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing complex, high-profile projects
- Experience in configuration management, database administration, lifecycle development/process experience, CMMI level 3 process implementation experience, and/or data security certifications
- Experience designing AWS cloud-based enterprise solutions preferred
- Experience with support tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA, Hipchat, TFS)
- Experience with federal clients and contracts preferred (DHHS, CMS)
- Knowledge of federal health programs desired (e.g. Medicaid, Medicare)
- Demonstrated expertise in systems design, project management, software development lifecycle, systems integration and/or requirements analysis
- Solid knowledge of project management principles and best practices and familiarity with project management tools, such as Microsoft Project
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- PMP certification preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.