Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior JIRA AdministratorJob ID 847
Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our analytic solutions have yielded actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Join our vibrant and growing IT Services group, and make important contributions to improving the design and operation of key internal applications.
We are looking for a Senior JIRA Administratorto join our Princeton, NJ headquarters office. The Senior JIRA Administrator is both a 'doer' and 'leader,' responsible for implementing and administering the agile toolset environment (primarily JIRA and Confluence) and driving improvements in the use of agile development tools and process at Mathematica. This position will develop a center of excellence around agile development to drive best practices and prioritize enhancements across multiple development groups within Mathematica.
- Lead developers and team managers in agile tool usage, sharing best practices
- Drive to an agile program center of excellence
- Recommend, test, install, and configure JIRA plugins and add-ons as needed
- Perform bulk changes and CSV imports
- Perform routine audits of the database to ensure consistent field usage and accurate reporting
- Develop processes and drive automation around tools administration.
- Coordinate with JIRA Admin peers and agile development teams to provide JIRA guidance
- Manage user permissions and project roles for JIRA
- Work directly with teams to understand their specific JIRA needs
- Perform routine audits of access lists and perform security tests to ensure restrictions are accurate.
- Design and maintain custom projects, workflows, schemes, screens and field configurations
- Ability to design and implement a migration approach from existing instances to new JIRA instance.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve JIRA issues reported by end-users
- Develop training for groups of JIRA users and conduct classes on a regular basis
- Drive improvements to Confluence by reorganizing and archiving spaces and pages
- Develop processes and improvements around tools administration
- Develop and maintain the application architecture agile toolset application architecture
- Develop and drive processes, policies, and controls related to JIRA.
- Audit, improve and automate processes and workflows as needed
- 10+ years of IT experience
- Agile experience required. Must have a solid background utilizing Agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban).
- 3-5+ years of experience with JIRA and Confluence as an administrator, experiencing migrating/administering JIRA in the cloud
- 1-2 years of architecture experience
- Experience in a high-tech environment a plus
- Expert level experience creating custom Workflows, Issues, Fields, and Screens
- Ability to integrate JIRA projects with Confluence Pages
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at all levels.
- Skilled in developing collaborative relationships.
- Direct client experience required
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off and an on-site fitness center at several locations.
As a federal government contractor, all staff working in our central ITS group with access to corporate computer systems are required to successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements at time of application.
Visit our web site at www.mathematica-mpr.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.