Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior Manager, Corporate FacilitiesJob ID 776
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations. We have 10 offices across the nation including Princeton NJ, Washington DC, Cambridge MA, Ann Arbor MI, Chicago IL, and Oakland CA and over 400,000 sq. feet of leased space.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate Facilities in our Princeton, NJ headquarters. The Senior Manager, Corporate Facilities will provide professional and operational support and direction in real estate and facilities management, space planning and design, construction and vendor/contract negotiation and management. The successful candidate will provide strategic planning expertise, both short and long term, in all areas of corporate real estate and facilities management. We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
The qualified applicant will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Directs space planning, design, and construction efforts for fit outs of exisiting and new offices.
- Provides recommendation for new or expansion of facility space, working with Management, real estate brokers, and others as required.
- Negotiates contracts with architects, engineers, construction contractors and other professional sevice providers as needed.
- Develops and manages construction budgets, tenant improvement allowances and other financial components of various renovation projects.
- Proactively monitors lease requirements and timing completion of all projects. Responsible for making certain that staff and outside vendors are able to perform tasks in a timely fashion.
- Remains current on trends and developments in the industry and ensures that planning and strategy reflect best corporate real estate practices.
- Provides recommendations for workplace standards. Performs post occupancy evaluations and leads post occupancy project reviews.
- Lead internal groups and outside vendors for successful management of all real estate projects and processes. Assists in developing and leading key initiatives for department to improve process, reduce occupancy cost and maximize space utilization.
- Develops annual capital leasehold improvement budgets in collaboration with stakeholders and supervisor.
- Collaborates with Lease Manager on lease negotiations, administration and management.
- Collaborates with other Mathematica departments in strategic planning and implementation efforts, i.e., IT, Communications, Finance and Accounting, HR, senior management and others as required.
- Collaborates with system manager to maintain the integrity of ProLease Workplace Management software system.
- Supervises direct Facilities staff and also has a “dotted-line” relationships with business unit staff responsible for facilities at the satellite offices.
Master’s degree in architecture or engineering; Facilities Certification preferred, e.g. Facilities Management Professional (FMP) or Certified Facilities Manager (CFM).
Ten years’ experience managing the facilities and office services functions for a mid to large size company, of which at least five years were spent overseeing a team of technical staff with similar responsibilities.
Up-to-date working knowledge of procedures governing facilities acquisition and maintenance and the ability to apply that knowledge appropriately in performance of duties.
Detailed working knowledge of facilities equipment including, HVAC, power systems, security systems and other critical operations equipment.
Documented strategic planning experience.
Demonstrated supervisory and mentoring skills.
Working knowledge of AutoCad, Excel, Word and facilities management systems.
Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations via our online employment website. Please click the "Apply Now" icon after the position description to attach your documents.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.