Job DescriptionApply Now
Special Assistant to the CEOJob ID 739
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients.
We are looking for a Special Assistant to the CEO to join our team in our Princeton, NJ headquarters. The Special Assistant to the CEO provides highly responsible and confidential professional assistance to Mathematica’s President/CEO. This role is responsible for controlling the workflow in the CEO’s office to ensure it is aligned with strategic priorities, and serves as liaison to the CEO’s Executive Leadership Team, professional associations and other audiences, as assigned. The Special Assistant to the CEO will work closely with the senior leadership team including the Executive Assistant to the President and the Chief Administrative Officer to determine the most effective utilization of the group’s time and presence. Other key responsibilities include traveling with the CEO, providing meeting support, and developing a wide variety of materials as assigned – from presentations and talking points, to memos and meeting notes.
- Maximizes effectiveness of Board meetings, materials and communications. Works closely with corporate secretary, VP of finance and Chief Administrative Officer to plan board meetings, prepare appropriate materials and deliver them in a variety of formats. Manages and coordinates outside speakers and staff presentations.
- Works with CEO to prepare agendas and materials for high-level management meetings. Coordinates with senior management to ensure topics align with strategic priorities, and manages follow up.
- Works with the CEO, communications and appropriate staff to identify and prepare CEO for internal and external presentations.
- Manages the flow of information from senior leadership to the rest of the organization, including planning and preparation for several recurring events such as the shareholders’ meeting and end of fiscal year party, as well as regularly scheduled all staff meetings.
- Provides a wide variety of high-level, executive support to ensure that the CEO is well prepared and maximizing key priorities. Select activities include:
- Developing and managing a “tickler list” of people and organizations CEO should be meeting with so that his schedule can be effectively maximized when traveling;
- Developing a travel plan across the company and coordinating appropriate meetings and activities to ensure proper presence with all staff; particularly developing leaders.
- Anticipating and managing the preparation of information and/or briefing materials for CEO’s meetings and events. Accompany the CEO as appropriate.
- Coordinating special projects as assigned.
- Outstanding communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Independent worker with the ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Guided by exceptional common sense, flexibility and discretion
- Able to handle stressful situations with measured calmness and decisiveness.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Power point.
- Ability to travel and work weekends and evenings on occasion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a research, professional services, public interest, or policy environment. Varied and broad experience is preferred over specialization.
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. Mathematica is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As part of that commitment, we strongly encourage applications of all racial, ethnic, and cultural groups. Visit our website at www.mathematica-mpr.com
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements at time of application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.