Job DescriptionApply Now
Technical Systems AssociateJob ID 662
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. We also work with our client agencies to support program administration, operations and performance and provide actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development.
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Systems Associate for our Princeton, NJ headquarters. This is an entry level opportunity within our organization with significant room for growth into more senior analytics developer roles. As a technical systems associate, you will be providing public sector consulting services, program analysis and operational support, technical support and data analysis. In this role, you will be working independently, as well as in the context of a development team to provide technical support to a variety of health projects and clients working toward achieving their operational and performance goals.
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off and an on-site fitness center.
- Assist with the definition, specification and documentation of data and security requirements
- Analyze existing business rules, data validation schemes, and program operational procedures
- Prepare reports and data in a visually appealing manner using various software packages
- Participate in technical meetings, answer questions, and troubleshoot day-to-day issues related to data and system requirements, quality and security
- Participate in all phases of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Apply knowledge of project objectives towards the review and analysis of existing systems documentation (system requirements, technical documentation, business/process workflows, data models/schemas, user stories, etc.).
- Create/maintain such documentation
- Disseminate technical/systems knowledge to colleagues and clients
- Collaborate with developers, researchers, and analysts to support project goals
- Assist with system testing, technical reviews and quality assurance tasks
- Self-starter with excellent time/task management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Passionate about learning new technologies and techniques and a quick study
- Interest in working at the intersection of policy and information technology
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes with tight deadlines
- Experience with (or interest and aptitude in learning) relational databases (0-3 years; SQL Server, Access, SQL programming a plus)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing/work sample (if applicable), salary expectations, and transcripts at time of application.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.