Job DescriptionApply Now
Technical WriterJob ID 729
Mathematica is an employee-owned nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are growing our product team and we’re looking for a technical writer to join our ranks. The technical writer will work with team members and other staff to deliver enlightening and engaging content for varied audiences of varied stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities include:
Own the aggregation, preparation, and dissemination of all products information
Prepare high quality system documentation, instruction manuals, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily
Work with development staff and system users to understand and document our systems
Other responsibilities include:
Review system diagram and code to understand system functionality
Research, develop, and disseminate technical information among customers, users, and developers
Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS required, MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience with technical writing
- Familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships
- Desire to roll up sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, highly motivated, "get-the-job-done" type
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please submit a cover letter, resume, online portfolio, and contact information for three references and salary requirements. You will be asked to attach these materials during the online application process.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.