Job DescriptionApply Now
Business Pricing/Proposal InternshipJob ID 862
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We are seeking a dynamic and self-starting person to join the pricing team in our Washington, DC office for a full-time, paid summer pricing/proposal internship. In this role you will help us in ensuring production of high quality proposals that contributes to Mathematica’s success in engaging meaningful work.
• Expand your practical knowledge of business development, which includes government contracting and bid and proposal process
• Sharpen your business skills (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, communication and organizational skills)
• Observe the development of budgets from start to finish
• Gain experience working with senior-level staff
• Work with a team of highly-motivated individuals
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Develop budgets that may involve advanced Excel formulas
• Assist in preparing business proposals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from both private and public agencies/departments/institutions
• Collaborate with Proposal Director and key proposal team members on all aspects of the budget and proposal preparation
• Facilitate final assembly, production and delivery of proposals
• Research and record fee information for past proposals to assist in our goal of building a fee history repository
• Use and sort cost history data to help inform price strategy when responding to RFPs
• Analyze cost history to better inform price strategy
• A minimum of two completed years of undergraduate studies pursuing a degree in business or public administration, liberal arts, or related field
• Demonstrated experience or completed coursework using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Strong organizational skills
• A strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong critical thinking skills
• The ability to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
• The ability to work overtime, as needed
• Ability to deal diplomatically and tactfully with others
Please submit a cover letter, resume, current transcript (unofficial), and contact information for three references.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.