Job DescriptionApply Now
Human Services Program AnalystJob ID 829-2
Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy research on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations.
We currently have openings for program analysts to be part of the Project Performance Group in our Princeton, NJ, Washington, DC, Cambridge, MA, Oakland, CA, and Chicago, IL office locations. We offer employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off and an on-site fitness center.
Program analysts help manage and support projects throughout the company. They help project teams meet their objectives while remaining on schedule and on budget. Project Performance Group members assist project directors with planning, procuring, managing, and closing out complex projects and lead process oriented tasks to contribute to excellence in project delivery. Additionally, program analysts gain expertise in public policy topics and liaison with our clients and internal project teams.
This is not a researcher, survey researcher, engineering, or information systems programming position.
The position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work closely with project directors to manage large projects by tracking project operations, including schedules, finances, progress of work and identifying problems and proposed options for action by senior staff or clients
- Serve as a liaison among technical project staff, researchers, internal business departments, external consultants, subcontractors, and client representatives to successfully execute project work by drafting correspondence for clients and subcontractors with respect to project management, technical, and contractual issues
- Analyze project expenditures, conduct cost analyses, and forecast project costs
- Prepare or contribute to deliverables and project plans, preparing reports in a visually appealing manner
- Develop SharePoint websites, Microsoft Project databases, Excel spreadsheets, and other collaboration tools
- Ensure project adherence to data privacy and security requirements and other contractual stipulations
- Coordinate and conduct qualitative research tasks, including supporting literature reviews, conducting qualitative interviews, monitoring survey operations, and organizing and taking notes for large panel meetings
- Participate in business development opportunities by managing proposals
- Master's degree in Public Policy, Business, Management, Operations, Economics, Political Science, Public Health, Social Science, or a relevant field
- At least two years of experience including internships in a related field
- Outstanding academic record
- Accuracy with work and attention to detail
- Willingness to take on challenges, learn new subject matter and assume responsibility for major project tasks
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary, in-person, and virtual teams, including subcontractors, senior staff and contracting agency staff
- Flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
- Willingness to travel up to 25 percent of the time
Please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial are okay), a short writing sample, contact information for three references and salary requirements. You will be asked to attach these materials during the online application process.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on certain projects. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.