Job DescriptionApply Now
Medicaid ProgrammerJob ID 628
One of the foremost public policy research organizations in the United States, Mathematica Policy Research is leading the way in providing health care research services to federal agencies, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Mathematica is looking for a SAS Programmer with direct Medicaid data experience to work in our Washington, DC office. We are seeking programmers with logical thinking skills who enjoy solving problems, collaborating with other programmers, and investigating anomalies with an eye for detail. You will influence the design of Medicaid projects and run QA on programs in output to ensure that this design is in line with project goals. You will use your time management skills and ability to work independently to meet multiple deadlines. We envision this person becoming task lead on projects and playing an important role in training the next generation of junior staff at Mathematica.
- Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of experience
- Direct experience with Medicaid data – at the state or federal level – including eligibility and/or claims data
- Experience with SQL and/or SAS programming
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, especially the ability to communicate data and system related issues clearly to clients
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to come up-to-speed quickly, self-motivate, and solve complex problems
- Experience with Amazon RedShift
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center).
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements at time of application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.