Job DescriptionApply Now
Client Relationship and Business Development Director – State Medicaid AnalyticsJob ID 671-7
As a mission-driven, employee owned company, Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. Our multi-disciplinary team of policy experts, health researchers, data analysts, statisticians, and program managers have conducted many important studies of federal and state health programs to improve health care delivery and financing. In particular, we have extensive experience developing Medicaid data files and using them to monitor and enhance Medicaid programs at the state and federal level.
Mathematica Policy Research is looking for an individual with experience conducting business development with state Medicaid agencies to strengthen our expanding work in this area. The successful candidate for this position must be able to identify emerging trends in state Medicaid programs, demonstrate creative approaches for positioning Mathematica’s analytics offerings in the states, and be comfortable working closely and collaboratively with other staff who have diverse research, policy and technical backgrounds. Preference will be given to individuals who have knowledge of: state Medicaid and CHIP program initiatives, data and data systems, including eligibility, claims/encounter and provider data; strategies for measuring and monitoring Medicaid/CHIP program outcomes; and issues related to Medicaid managed care such as contracting, quality monitoring, provider networks, and program integrity.
- Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational marketing, sales and customer relationship activities for state Medicaid analytics
- Execute the go-to-market strategy for state Medicaid analytics by developing strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers at all levels within client organizations as a means to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities, and close salesEstablish and foster relationships with partner vendors to complement Mathematica’s state Medicaid analytics offerings
- Play a leadership role in pursuing opportunities and contribute substantially to the development of specific proposal
- Provide market feedback to the Mathematica leadership team regarding competitive offerings and client needs
- Generate ideas for and take relevant action steps to develop new offerings based on client needs
- Coordinate the creation of materials for use in the sales and marketing process
- Coordinate business development efforts across teams by identifying and appropriately using resources to achieve goals, synthesizing information across multiple sources, and working with other team members
- Five or more years of business development experience targeting state Medicaid departments
- Demonstrated knowledge of state Medicaid program and data systems, and their associated challenges and opportunities
- Preference for knowledge of data analytics as applied in state Medicaid programs
- Experience in planning, motivating, and coordinating the work of multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to condense complex topics into clear and concise materials and to present to large groups
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and flexibility to lead and manage multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadlines
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and salary history at time of application.We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Ann Arbor, MI; Woodlawn, MD. We will also consider individuals who wish to work remotely.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.