Job DescriptionApply Now
Senior Business Analyst - HealthJob ID 607
Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our data analytics have yielded actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Come join our vibrant and growing data analytics group, and make important contributions to improving the design and operations of key public programs.
TheSenior Business Analyst - Healthwill be part of a team providing data management and program support to our federal government client. The successful candidate will help manage project tasks, work with the client to help define specifications for automated data management systems and business intelligence applications, define and document data and security requirements, assess the quality of data, and support the testing of client systems. In conjunction with the client and system developers, they may execute tests to ensure systems and reports meet specifications. They may alsolead joint application development (JAD) sessions and business requirement walk-throughs at the client site. The position is based in our Woodlawn, MD office with frequent onsite work at the client location.
This is NOT a programming or systems engineering position
Analysts participate in key project activities, whichmay include:
- Leading and participating in JAD sessions
- Creating and editing user story models
- Participating in Agile sprints
- Understanding system and business requirements
- Reviewing systems and documents, as well as interviewing client and government program staff, and contractors to assess the current process and propose improvement strategies.
- Analyzing data dictionaries and data standards documentation.
- Reviewing data submissions and providing technical assistance to state and federal agencies, for example, by responding to questions from various agency and provider field staff
- Writing chapters of analytic reports and proposals for new projects.
- Tracking financial progress of projects using Excel; prepare reports for monthly project reviews; assist with budget revisions.
- Training junior level staff
- Master’s degree in relevant field, or Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of experience performing work similar to the position responsibilities
- Working experience with JIRA and Confluence desired
- Working knowledge of current health policy issues in areas such as Medicaid and CHIP, Medicare, and pharmacy systems or pharmacy data
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with short deadlines
- Outstanding academic record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a security clearance (if required)
- Work experience with state or federal government, a foundation, or a policy research organization is highly desirable
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. Visit our web site at www.mathematica-mpr.com
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements via our online employment website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.